Saturday, 10 March 2012
A bad pint? Or a Sneaky Hangover? YOU decide.
Now, I'm an experienced drinker, I don't want you getting any misconceptions about that. As such, and particularly since I started blogging/vlogging my tolerance for beer (although strangely not other kinds of alcohol) has increased.
So when I go out for a 5 hours or so, and have a grand total of 4 pints, accompanied by a substantial lunch half way through the session, I expect the following:
1) Fall asleep in front of the TV upon returning to the house
2) Having a little 'beer-sleep' between about 7:00 - 8:30
3) Waking up refreshed and having another nice beer (maybe just one strong one) to round the day off
4) Wake up next day, clear as a bell, with possible penchant for bacon
See if you can spot the difference with my routine yesterday:
1) Fall asleep in front of TV upon returning to house
2) Have a little 'beer-sleep' between about 7:00 - 8:30
3) Wake up feeling slightly odd, put it down to vertigo
4) Hurl the entire contents of my stomach out into the kitchen sink due to not being able to make it to the bathroom
5) When I did make it to the bathroom, well, I had to use a lot of bleach, let's put it that way to avoid me being indelicate
6) Wake up next day, drink tea, go back to bed till lunchtime, surface about 3, feel human by about, well now (21:49)
So - the culprit? It wasn't the food as my mate had a different meal to me, and apparently he was rotten as well. So, my bony finger of justice points at a bad pint. The worst part of this, if that is the case, neither of us spotted the fact that we were imbibing something bad...which is of course, dreadfully embarrassing, unless you dear reader can reassure me.
Have you had a bad pint, disguised as a pint that was ok? Have you had a similar experience? If so, I'm sure there is some kind of no win, no fee solicitor that will be able to get us a big fat cheque each for the mental anguish suffered as a result.